The Grand River Valley Wine region is Located 45 miles east of Cleveland, Ohio. Formed thousands of years ago when glaciers carved out the Great Lakes and deposited a ridge of fertile soil ideal for cultivation of vineyards, the Grand River Valley benefits from a climate moderated by the thermal effects of Lake Erie to the North.
The Valley's contours promote the effective circulation of warmer air, reducing the threat of frost in the spring and extending the growing season so the grapes are able to ripen to perfection. This micro-climate characterized by warm, sunny days and cool nights, which make it one of the best viticultural areas to be found, and is also one of the smallest in Ohio. These gentle slopes also help the rainwater away from the vine roots, preserving the concentration of flavor, sugar and other quality attributes.
With over 20 wineries nearby, the GRV boasts a wide variety of options for every type of wine drinker out there. Whether you like Red Wine, White Wine or Ice Wine, you'll be able to find what you like, relax, and enjoy the beauty of the region.
Wineries within 8 miles of Vineyard Woods
- Kosicek Winery - (0.2 miles) - http://www.kosicekvineyards.com/home-1.html
- South River Winery - (1.5 miles) - http://www.southrivervineyard.com
- M Cellars - (1.7 miles) - http://www.mcellars.com
- Ferrante - (1.9 miles) - http://www.ferrantewinery.com
- Laurello Vineyard - (2.7 miles) - http://www.laurellovineyards.com
- Chalet Debonne Vineyards - (3.3 miles) - https://www.debonne.com
- Harpersfield Vineyard - (3.6 miles) - https://harpersfield.com
- Hundley Cellars - (3.8 miles) - http://www.hundleycellars.com
- The Winery at Spring Hill - (4.9 miles) - http://www.thewineryatspringhill.com
- Saint Joseph Vineyard - (4.9 miles) - http://www.saintjosephvineyard.com
- Laurentia Winery - (6.4 miles) - http://www.laurentiawinery.com
- Grand River Cellars - (7 miles) - http://www.grandrivercellars.com
- Maple Ridge Winery - (8 miles) - http://www.mapleridgevineyard.com